4 chicken fillets, skinned and cut into strips
1 tsp sesame oil
1 dried red chilli or ¼ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 red pepper, sliced
50g/2oz mushrooms, sliced
5 spring onions, chopped
½ tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp corn flour, blended with 1 tsp water
2 tsp dry sherry or rice wine
2 tsp light soy sauce
1- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp brown sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
90ml/3 fl oz chicken stock or water
- Sauté the chicken gently in the sesame oil and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the vegetables, chilli and ginger to the pan and sauté from 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- In a separate bowl put the corn flour and the sherry/rice wine and mix to make a paste.
- Put the soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest in the pan, simmer for 1 minute, then pour onto the corn flour mixture. Stir well and then return to the pan to make a thick sauce. Add the chicken stock/water.
- Return to chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes