- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 25g/1oz fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1kg/2lb potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 150ml/ ¼ pint vegetable stock
- 375/12oz frozen peas
- 150ml/ ¼ pint plain yogurt
- 50g/2oz chopped nuts (preferably almonds)
Heat the oil gently in a saucepan. Add the onions, garlic, cardamom pods, cumin, ginger, chilli and bay leaf to the pan and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the potatoes, turmeric and seasoning and pour in the stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the peas and simmer for a further 10 – 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Add the yogurt while still heating gently (do not boil). Sprinkle with chopped nuts just before serving.